- I am on oxygen at night so a power outage means switching to my emergency oxygen bottle which will last about four hours. Four hours is just enough for a recharge to my blood stream, but if the outage lasted another night I could be in trouble.
- In our motor home I will have solar panels, 1000 watt pure sine inverter and a battery bank so I can keep my oxygen concentrator and CPAP going for a few more days. Plus it has a generator that could add a few more days if needed.
- If the weather gets cold out I could be in trouble. I only have enough propane for a few days so the heater in our motor home is only good for a few days before I am out of propane.
- I have just over a 30 day supply of meds.
- Big problem with the motor home it is currently in the shop so I really have no backup right now.
- Once we flush a toilet it can stop working if no more water is in the tank to force the flushing action. We have a bucket and trash bags thankfully we did not need to use this. We could also dig a pit in the back yard but the city would not be happy with us.
- Water, we only have about 8 gallons of water so for two of us it could last up to 3 days. If we use a gallon in a bucket to flush the toilet each time it will go much quicker.
- We also had to remind each other not to open the refrigerator till morning. You only get about two quick openings before you lose the cool air. With the freezer you may get several quick openings because of the ice build up.
How would it be at work? Would you go in? Just some quick food for thought.